WE LOVE FOLLOWERS

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Another day of Ramblin' on....

After a couple of days with minimal traffic (at the gate) it is back to work, the frac will begin soon.  We haven't experienced this operation as of yet, but I hear tell it is constant trucks in and out ... guess we will see how our experience pans out very soon.

Christmas Eve, we had a very few vehicles to log in. Christmas Day, even less eventful, not one vehicle to log until nearly 9 p.m. when the 'boss' got back on site. 

Everyone pretty much had the day off, which is the way it should be.  I prayed for their safety, as many had really long drives and just as long to come back once the Holiday was over.  Seems today they all made it back in one piece, 'answered prayers' are a wonderful thing.

Christmas in South Texas is surely different from back home (NC) ... however; the cold temps certainly made it feel  more like it should for this time of year.  Then the WIND.. oh my, 20-25 m.p.h. and gusting up to 50 mph...sand blowing all around.  Then the chairs and table outside decided to play in the wind.  We managed to get them secure and came back in to the warmth of the camper.

Finished off the gifted food of Smoked Turkey and pumpkin pie.  Really good and appreciated.

Since it was so quiet on the 25th,  we were able to connect by phone with so many family members.  Spoke to pretty much ALL my siblings, my parents and my son.  It was really good to have uninterrupted conversations for a change.

Then late Christmas Day...  around 8:30 p.m. I got a call from my oldest sis.  Mom had stated earlier that she didn't feel well... a comment she apparently made to more than one several times during the day and festivities.  After my sisters drilled her more, they decided it was time to pay a visit to the ER...so that is where they were when I got the call. They decided to admit her overnight for observation as well as to schedule some tests.  A colonostopy is in order it seems... I pray for good results.  It is in God's hands.  Mom is 85 as is Dad.  She has some heart issues, so I also pray that whatever they decide, it will not require any surgery.  I know she is in good hands, and the GREAT PHYSICIAN,  well... I pray HIS will be done... In ALL  our lives, daily.

First row: Mom & oldest sis, Myra
Back: Sis Gwen, ME (ugg)  and Sis Beth
 
Love ya all... and pray God allows us to be together again in a couple of months.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness.”

Oliver Wendell Holmes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm NOT a Writer..... I'm a Blogger!

No comments: