WE LOVE FOLLOWERS

Monday, August 13, 2012

Monday and an update to "Stormy Paths"


It , errra. the a/c is doing better.  For clarification let me say it has cooled wonderfully... it is the water leaking onto the bed that has been the problem.

Well, the other night after I had posted about the situation, our friend (formerly workkamper) from within the campground came over to take a look.  Note he doesn't live/work here any longer, but that's another story.

Anyway, a trip onto the roof, into the bedroom, back to the roof, back to the bedroom ... well ya get the picture, right.
He ran a compressor hose in through the window, blew out the coils, vaccumed etc. etc. During all of this, he removed the a/c shroud...cleaned out the drain lines, checked this and that... heck don't ask me... I'm not going up there...I can't ... I'm too old for that climb. 

It seemed to work just fine, we felt like the last remaining water that had worked into the a/c interior was just gonna take a few more minutes to blow itself out.... well not exactly.  I'm now pretty sure we are gonna have to replace the 14 x 14 gasket that seals the a/c and roof....now if that doesn't do it .... I'm at a total loss.

So on the search for that gasket, order it... get it here and get our wonderful 'jack-of-all-trades' ... to put it in.   X'ing fingers, praying and praying some more that it will  solve the problem once and for all.

In the  meantime....it isn't pretty, but this is how I diverted the water AWAY from the BED... and into the TUB around the corner ... LOL

Laugh if you will, I don't care... it is working and my bed is DRY!!!

2 comments:

Jim and Sandie said...

Anything that keeps the bed dry is perfect. Hope you find that gasket and it is the answer.

TexCyn said...

Ack! RV prubbles!! No one has caulked around your a/c or anything like that have they? I know some people do, thinking they are supposed to, but that would be a bad thing. Although I doubt since someone has already gone up there.